I baked these Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts together with my elder girl as birthday present for her senior in the school's band.
These squary cookie/bar are very crunchy and chewy. Daughter shared the leftovers with her classmates who liked them very much.
The recipe as given below is adapted from Martha Stewart site.
Blondies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (I omitted this)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (i reduced to 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I used a mixture of dark and white chocolate chips)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (I used less than this amount)
- Preheat oven to 175 degree C. Brush an 8-inch square baking pan with butter; line pan with buttered baking paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides for easy lifting later.
- In a large bowl, whisk butter and sugar until smooth. Whisk in egg and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix just until moistened but do not over mix.
- Fold in 1/2 of the chocolate chips and walnuts. Transfer batter to prepared pan and smoothen the top with a spatula. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts on top.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely in the pan. Using the overhanging baking paper, lift the blondies from the pan and transfer to a cutting board; cut into 16 squares.
your blondies look really good with all those chocolate chips! definitely bookmarking this!
ReplyDeleteI can't even believe how wonderful these look. I can't take my eyes away!
ReplyDeleteNever had a blondie, but definitely will! Happily following your blog :)