I baked 2 birthday cakes last month. Both cakes used the same moist chocolate cake recipe which I liked very much.
Birthday Cake #1 - This is for my friend who celebrated her 50th birthday - a simple cake decorated with sprinkles:
The second one, is for my 6-year old nephew. I used coco pop cereals and oreo cookies to create this "Coco-Beary Happy Birthday Cake". It was a pleasant surprise for him and he liked it very much. :)
Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe
(adapted from my previous post with small adjustments and baked in 7-inch round
cake tin)
Ingredients:
- 1 cup milk
- 80g unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 120g sugar
Steps:
- Preheat the oven to 175 degree C. Line and grease a 7-inch round baking pan.
- Heat milk, butter, oil, coffee granules and cocoa powder till the butter melts. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking soda and sugar. Add this and the beaten egg into the cooled wet ingredients. Use a hand whisk to beat till the batter is smooth and well mixed.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a knife insert into the middle come out clear. Remove from oven and let it sit in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove cake from the pan and let it cool on the iron rack before applying any decoration.
For the Coco-Beary Cake, I first applied a thin layer of frosting (beating 1/2 cup of nutella with about 28g butter until creamy and fluffy), then I lightly pat the coco pop cereals to cover the entire cake. I used 3 pieces of yellow oreo cookies and nutella spread to form its eyes and the nose. Another 2 pieces of the cookies are stuck to the two sides as its ears.
No comments:
Post a Comment