This is my second time baking this, following the recipes from Technicolorkitchen and Table for 2... or more. The last round, I made the Apple Yeast Tart and this time round, I used canned peach to replace the apple. Both fruits are good topping options for the tarts and I think pear is another option that I will consider the next time when I bake this.
Peach Yeast Tart with Whipping Cream Topping
Ingredients:
- 245g all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 120ml warm milk
- 28g softened unsalted butter
- 4 pieces of peach (halve) in syrup (discard the syrup and cut into 2 slices for each halve)
- 50g brown sugar
- 120ml whipping cream, whipped to soft peak
Methods:
- Place flour, caster sugar, salt and yeast in a bowl. Whisk egg with milk and mix into flour mixture.
- Add in butter and knead to a smooth dough. I knead it by hand. Note: the dough will be quite sticky.
- Place in a buttered bowl and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rise in a draught-free place for 30 minutes.
- Punch down the risen dough and give it a quick knead (1-2 minutes) then press it into a 22cm buttered spring-form pan, cover with plastic and allow to rest for 30 minutes (it will rise slightly).
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Press peach slices into the dough, and sprinkle with the brown sugar. Place pan on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 180°C. Spoon cream over peaches and bake for another 15-20 minutes. The top should be slightly caramelized and the tart light and spongy.
This is for Yeast Spotting.
No comments:
Post a Comment